There are many good reasons why we should add the tiny “superfood” chia seeds to pretty much everything.
■ Excellent source of fiber, improving digestion
■ Packed with Omega-3 fatty acids, promoting the health of the brain
■ Good source of calcium, phosphorus, and manganese strengthening bones and teeth
■ Rich in Protein
■ Zero Cholesterol
■ Improves blood pressure in diabetics and also increases healthy cholesterol
Native to Brazil, the delicious passion fruit contains many nutrients.
■ Great source of antioxidants, minerals (iron, copper, magnesium and phosphorus) and fiber
■ Good in vitamin C, improving the immune system
■ Rich in potassium helps regulate heart rate and blood pressure
3 tbsp chia seeds, 1 glass coconut milk, 2 passion fruits, 2 tbsp agave syrup, Raspberries
- Mix chia seeds with the coconut milk and let it stand for at least 2 minutes
- Divide the mixture into 2 ramekins
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight
- Cut the passion fruits in half and scoop out the seeds and the pulp
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, mix the passion fruits with the agave syrup and cook for 5-7’ or until the sauce thickens
- Scoop out the pudding into serving plates and add the passion fruit sauce on top and decorate with fresh raspberries
To read the full article please download our Asana Journal App or purchase Issue 158 February 2016.