A cucumber is not a vegetable as we often think, but a fruit because of all the little seeds inside. Both cucumbers and parsley provide abundant vitamins (A, B and C) and minerals (magnesium, sulfur, iron, zinc and manganes) that support digestion, fight dehydration, mouth related diseases and replenish your body when feeling tired and exhausted. Because Super Foods provide fantastic benefits to the cells, organs and skin, we are encouraged to consume them without moderation!
1 cup chickpeas (soaked overnight and cooked or canned), 2 crushed garlic cloves, ½ cup diced cucumber, ½ cup chopped parsley, 1 tbsp finely chopped red onion, 2 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon, Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper.
1. In a large bowl, mix the sesame oil, lemon juice, garlic, red onion, cucumbers, salt and pepper.
2. Add skinless cooked or canned chickpeas to the bowl and mix well.
3. Let it cool down to room temperature or refrigerate
4. Before serving the salad, mix in fresh parsley. Enjoy!
• Note: Dry soaked and cooked chickpeas are tastier and healthier than canned ones. The canned chickpeas should be rinsed well and drained.
• Any other healthy oil can be used: extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil or walnut oil are good.
• The salad can (be kept) in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.