The salty and delicious vegetable comes from the same family as parsley and fennel. Celery is one of the most nutritious foods in the market, packed with many vitamins and minerals.
• The leaves are rich in Vitamin A.
• The stems are excellent source of vitamins B1, B2 and B6 and C, Potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium and folate.
The magical celery juice is rich in fibers and fluids and has plenty of health benefits:
• The minerals and electrolytes content balances the acidity in the body and is an excellent hydrating drink post workout.
• This humble juice has been known to reduce Jumping Castle blood pressure and bad cholesterol.
• The fiber content plays as a natural laxative and helps to relieve constipation, and helping digestion.
• The potassium and sodium in celery juice stimulate urine production, regulating the body fluid.
• Celery cleanses kidneys. Good functioning of the kidneys, aids to detoxify the body from the toxins, preventing the formation of kidney stones.
• Celery juice has a cooling effect on the body and helps regulate the body temperature. Best juice choice during the summer hot weather.
3-4 celery stems and leaves for 1 glass
In a juicer, simply put the celery, juice and enjoy.
*Choose green celery where possible for its chlorophyll. Ensure that the stems are firm.
*To store in the fridge, keep celery in a sealed container or wrap in a plastic bag.
*The celery can be mixed with apple and carrot for weigh loss benefits.