Healthy Breakfast : Soy yogurt, Banana, Buckwheat seeds, Fresh Blueberries & Goji berries with maple syrup, coconut oil and turmeric
Buckwheat is an energizing and nutritious fruit seed.
- Good source of magnesium, a mineral that has the property of relaxing the muscles and blood vessels, allowing better blood flow and good delivery of nutrients. Improves the cardiovascular system.
- Rich in protein, easily digested, great substitute for meat.
- Lower, sugar levels, helps people with diabetes.
- Contains no gluten
1 cup soy yogurt, 1 banana, 2 tbsp buckwheat seeds, handful of fresh blueberries, a couple of hydrated goji berries, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tsp coconut oil and ½ tsp turmeric.
- Preheat the oven to 150C.
- Wash and soak the buckwheat seeds overnight.
- In a small bowl, soak the dried goji berries in water.
- In a large bowl, mix the soaked and drained seeds with coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Spread the mixture on a baking tray and toast it for 45-50 minutes stirring occasionally.
- When the buckwheat is crunchy, remove it from the oven and let it cool down.
- In a separate bowl place the soy yogurt, banana, buckwheat seeds, blueberries and goji berries and sprinkle with turmeric.
Note: The crunchy buckwheat can be prepared in a larger quantity and stored in a dry place to be ready to use for breakfast.
To read the full article please download our Asana Journal App or purchase Issue 167 November 2016.