Spending time in wet markets refreshes the senses and encourages the mind to crave for healthy dishes.
The large variety of produce colors the plates and stimulates the palate.
Coconut milk is a good substitute to dairy cream. Coconuts contain a large amount of Lauric acid, considered a “healthier” saturated fat.
- Easy to digest
- Helps lower cholesterol and protect the heart
- #1 antibacterial and antimicrobial (for centuries foods containing lauric acid like coconuts have been used to treat microbial infections like the flu, yeast infections, the common cold, fevers, cold sores and herpes)
1 potato, 1 sweet potato, ½ onion, 1 medium zucchini, handful okra, 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, Himalayan salt, ½ tsp ground cardamom, 1tsp turmeric, approx 6 saffron threads, fresh cilantro, 3 tbsp coconut milk, 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Place the raisins in a bowl and cover them with water. Let it stand for 10’
- In a pot over medium to low heat, put olive oil and sliced onion, 1tbsp of water and cover for 10’.
- Layer sliced potato, sweet potato, zucchini and okra saffron.
- In a separate bowl add 1cup of warm water and mix together all the spices and pour over the vegetables and cover. Cook for 20-25’
- Add coconut milk and stir well and cover for another 5’.
- In a plate place the cooked quinoa as a base and place the vegetable stew on top and add freshly chopped cilantro.