Pumpkins are the most nutritious fall fruits. Pumpkins are defined are fruits and not vegetables, because they contain seeds. They are packed with health benefits that make them superfruits.
• Rich in antioxidants, fibers, potassium and vitamin C
• High in beta-carotene, essential for eyes health and immune-boosting powers
• Excellent for the heart
• Helps regulate blood pressure
Black sesame seeds not only help protect the heart health and boost the absorption of nutrients, but also are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals (Iron, Fiber and Magnesium).
Beside its great taste and many other heath benefits, Cumin seeds promote digestion.
1 large bowl of diced pumpkin or a small pumpkin, 1 diced white onion, 1 tbsp olive oil, coarse salt, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 tbsp black sesame seeds, and 1 tbsp cumin seeds.
1. In a pot over medium to low heat, put olive oil, diced onion and roast the onion until golden
2. Add diced pumpkin, salt and cinnamon stick. Stir for couple of minutes and add water to cover the pumpkin, let it boil for 5’ then cover and cook in very low heat until tender, for about 20’.
3. Place the soup in a blender, remove the cinnamon stick and mix with the liquid until desired texture.
4. In a pan over medium heat, toast the black sesame and cumin seeds.
5. In a serving bowl, place the soup and sprinkle with the toasted seeds.