Cucumber, squash, pumpkin and watermelon are part of the same family. Because they are made up of 95 percent water, they will keep you hydrated during the hot months of summer. They contain a large amount of health benefits that encourage us to eat them all year long.
- Rich in antioxidants, including Vitamin C and beta – carotene
- Contain multiple vitamin B, helping ease stress and anxiety
- Made of lots of water and fiber for healthy digestion (when eaten with the skin)
- Good source of potassium
- Freshens the breath
- Very low in calories
1 cucumber, 2 cloves of garlic, 3tsp olive oil, 1tbsp fresh lemon juice, 10 fresh mint leaves, toasted walnuts, sea salt & pepper
- Wash the cucumber and grate it, with or without the skin as desired.
- Put in a colander and add a little bit of sea salt, let stand for 30 minutes.
- Gently squeeze the grated cucumber to remove the excess water.
- In a bowl, mix the cucumber with chopped mint leaves and garlic, add olive oil, lemon juice and pepper and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Place the salad in a serving plate and sprinkle with warm toasted walnuts.
To read the full article please download our Asana Journal App or purchase Issue 163 July 2016.