by Mouna Chamariq
Okra has many names around the world: lady’s fingers, bamia, bhindi, gumbo. Okra offers wonderful health benefits.
• Rich in fiber, excellent for digestive track
• High in Vitamin A and antioxidants, protecting and boosting the vision and the skin health.
• High in Vitamin C, promoting a good immune system.
• Good source of Potassium, helping to relax the arteries and the blood vessels, reducing the blood pressure.
Handful of Okra, 1 onion, 1 tomato, 1 star anise, 2 tbsp olive oil, Himalayan salt, ½ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp cumin seeds, 1 cup red rice
1. In a rice cooker or a pot, place 1 cup of red rice with 2 cups of water, the cumin seeds and salt.
2. In a pot over medium to low heat, put olive oil, sliced onion, sliced tomato, Okra, star anise, Salt, cover and cook for 5’ then add 1 cup water bring to a boil, cover and let it cook in low heat for 20’ or until the vegetables become tender.
3. In a plate place the rice as a base and place the Okra stew on top.