Vegan baking recipes substitute eggs and butter with other ingredients that are usually very nutritious and tasty. In this recipe, I replaced eggs with flax seeds and applesauce and butter with virgin coconut oil. The result is fantastic, nutritious, tasty and moist. Flax seeds are considered superfood because of their tremendous health benefits:
• Good for the heart
• Help maintain a normal blood sugar level
• Excellent for skin, bones and eyes
• Boost immune system
• Reduce inflammation in the body
100g-almond flour, 50g-coconut sugar, 50g-coconut oil, 1 apple for homemade applesauce, 3 tsp grounded flax seeds, 6 tsp water, 2 tsp orange blossom water.
1. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius
2. To make applesauce, place in a saucepan over medium sliced apple and add 3 tsp of water. Stir until the apple becomes soft and puree.
3. In a bowl, mix grounded flax seeds and water let it stand for at least 30’ or overnight
4. In a separate bowl, mix coconut sugar and coconut oil
5. Add the flax seeds mixture
6. Add applesauce, then almond flour
7. Mix well then add the orange blossom water
8. Pour the mixture in a cake pan and bake for 30 minutes
9. Let it cool down for 10’ before serving.